In addition to having some of the best CDL training and trainers in the state of Pennsylvania, CNS Driver Training Center can now offer affordable, flexible, and convenient Class A and Class B CDL Testing using our equipment for your convenience.
This is because Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) allows third party commercial driver’s license skills testing services so the state can obtain more qualified testers and expand geographic coverage within the Commonwealth.
CNS Driver Training Center is now a certified PennDOT 3rd party testing facility and can:
- examine the customer’s permit, registration and insurance to ensure that all legal requirements are met;
- complete necessary commonwealth forms for test scoring and record keeping; and
- administer the skills portion of the test in accordance with testing procedures provided by PennDOT
“Now that we are able to test, it will help those who are qualified and in need; get their CDL test quicker than before, supplying an industry in need of quality drivers.” says CEO John Irwin.
Difference Between Class A and Class B CDL
A Class A CDL is required to operate any combination of vehicles with a gross combination weight rating (GVWR) of 26,001 or more pounds, provided the towed vehicle is heavier than 10,000 pounds. This is required to drive:
- Tractor-trailers (also known as Semi, Big Rig or 18-wheeler),
- Truck and trailer combinations,
- Tanker vehicles, need a N endorsement
- Livestock carriers, and
A Class B CDL is required to operate any single vehicle that isn’t hitched to a trailer (commercial trucks that have an attached cab and cargo area with a combined weight greater than 26,000 pounds, as well as trucks with a detached towed cargo vehicle that weighs less than 10,000 pounds). This is required to drive:
- Straight trucks
- Large buses (city buses, tourist buses, and school buses), need a P (passengers) endorsement
- Segmented buses
- Box trucks (including delivery trucks and furniture trucks), and
- Dump trucks with small trailers
CDL Test Pricing
We offer full Class A or Class B CDL Tests, which includes pre-trip inspection, maneuvers, and road skills tests, for $300.
If you have tested prior and failed a portion, pricing would be $200 for the maneuvers and skills test portions, or $100 for the road skills test only.
CDL Training + CDL Test Packages
- Class A (25hrs) = $3,400
- Class B (20hrs) = $3,000
- Hot Shot (20hrs) = $2,900
- Manual restriction
- 5th wheel restriction
- Air Brakes restriction
CNS Driver Training Center is located at our Commercial Navigation Specialist headquarters at 58 Copperfield Circle Lititz, PA 17543. Drivers testing for their CDL license will need to have their CDL learner’s permit.
CDL 3rd Party Testing Cancellation Policy
Full payment is required at time of scheduling.
If a 72-hour notice IS provided to us prior to the test date: your payment can be applied to a rescheduled date or fully refunded.
If a 72-hour notice IS NOT provided to us prior to the test date BUT a 48 notice IS given: $100 of the payment will be non-refundable.
If a 48-hour notice IS NOT provided to us prior to the test date: No refund